Thursday 3 October 2013

Welcome to my FILM PHOTO blog!

Hi, everyone. Welcome to my blog where I will only be posting photos taken with my FILM cameras.

Why film? Isn't this 'old technology' you might ask? Yes, it is. There are a number of reasons why, over the past year, I have become both a collector and user of vintage film cameras. But the one word that sums up all the reasons is 'ENJOYMENT'.

My camera collection, which I will introduce you to in further posts, consists of mainly German and Russian cameras, some over 50 years old but in perfect working order, and these include the famous brand names of LEICA, ZEISS, VOIGTLANDER, EXACTA/EXA, KODAK, PRAKTICA, KIEV, ZORKI and ZENIT.

My favourite cameras are my LEICAS, and my collection includes a very old Leica M3, several Leicaflex SL and SL2's, two Leica R4's, an R5, R7 and two Leica R8's.

The camera I am holding in the my photo is my Leica R7.

I am looking forward to sharing with you more about my adventure into film, my better photos and some explanation of the learning curve I am in, trying to master film and the beautiful cameras and equipment I am privileged to own.

Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment