Thursday 3 October 2013

My Best Film Photo ....

Those of you who know me will be rolling your eyes and saying that I have chosen this stunning photo of my stunning wife as my 'best' photo.

However, it really is a coincidence that what I judged to be most best film photo taken so far was also of my wife.

This photo was taken around dusk on the helipad in Kuala Lumpur. The helipad is still used during the day and sits atop of a 34 story building. At night, it becomes an open air cafe, and as you can imagine, the 360 degree view of KL and surrounds are just stunning and breathtaking.

The photo was taken with my Leica R8, one of the last film camera models that Leica made in the SLR range. This model was in production- designed and made in the Leica factory in Germany- between 1996 and 2002. My Leica was fitted with a Leica 28-70mm zoom lens, and I was using Kodak 400ASA film.

For clarity, contrast, composition and color, I am delighted with this photo... not to mention the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment