Friday 4 October 2013

Lake Garden, My Second Visit

Armed with my latest Leica R7 35mm camera, my wife and I went back to Lake Garden to try another photo session.

Unlike my fully manual Exa 1C, the Leica R7 is full of electronics except it is has a manual focus. Leica never produced an auto focus camera in its R series, even though its R series ceased production in 2009.

The Leica R7 was introduced in 1992 and like most digital cameras these days, allows both a fully automatic exposure setting or control over shutter or aperture settings. It also has several exposure meter options. Everything lights up in the viewfinder so in many ways, its like using a digital camera...except the focusing is manual.

My Leica is fitted with a Leica 28-70mm lens which covers about 80% of any photo situations you wish to take. I rarely use my Leica 80-200mm lens. This day, I was using Kodak 400ASA.

Many of the photos are gratifying, but I was left with the feeling that I could do better. Hence, the return for the third shoot..with a different camera and film, which we will see in a later blog....














My Leica R7 with 28-70mm lens


No comments:

Post a Comment